The human body is a temple. How are you treating yours? To improve your health, you might want to consider the benefits of green tea.
Green tea has been used as a standard drink in Asian countries for years. It has helped to maintain youth and vitality. It has come to the attention of the Western world and more and more people are discovering that it has enhanced their lives.
Green tea is still grown and manufactured in Asia. It is cultivated, dried, pressed and processed here from a variety of different trees. Some companies still do the work by hand. It is shipped around the world so others can enjoy the benefits that Asian peoples have known for years.
Want to know why you may benefit from drinking it? Keep reading.
- Antioxidant protection – Green tea is filled with antioxidant substances called polyphenols. It actually contains a high concentration of them. These substances can retard some of the signs of aging. They also help neutralize free radical action in the body that can lead to cataracts, cancer, heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, joint problems and wrinkling.
- Weight loss – This is the jewel in the rough. It has been shown that green tea extract led to increased weight loss in subjects participating in studies. Drinking a cup a day can help increase your metabolism so you burn more calories even at rest.
- Dental health – Drinking green tea might be good for your body beginning with your mouth. It has been suspected that substances in green tea actually neutralize the bacteria in the mouth that can lead to tooth decay and dental plaques. Drink it regularly for the benefit.
- Disease prevention – Studies are being conducted that show promising results for those with Parkinson’s disease. Drinking green tea can help prevent the condition. Green tea can help prevent the breakdown of nerve cells in the brain leading to a depletion of dopamine, a neurotransmitter responsible for movement in the body.
- Infection management – If it can work on the bacteria in the mouth, it can help in other areas of the body as well. Green tea has been shown to help reverse sepsis in laboratory mice. Drinking green tea can boost your immunity to fight off infections so you sepsis is not an issue.
- Heart disease – Regularly drinking green tea may help you control your risk of heart disease. It has been shown that substances in green tea help to reduce the levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood by blocking its oxidation. Not only that, but it also helps to improve levels of good cholesterol (HDL) and keep the arteries pliable and clear.
Are you looking for ways to improve your health? Try drinking some of it in the form of green tea.